Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II

Expression Error

Hello All,

Below expression is not working for me could you please help me to resolve the issue ,

My logic is = 1 and (2 or 3)

=if(Count( {<Month=,QuarterYear=,Year=,[Issue Status Name]={'Open'},[Issue Creation Date]={">=$(vLast2Quarter) <=$(=vCurrentQuarterMaxDate)"}>} [Issue ID])

and

if(Count( {<Month=,QuarterYear=,Year=,[Issue Status Name]={'Completed'},[Issue Creation Date]={">=$(=vCurrentQuarterMaxDate) <=$(=vYourMaxDate)"}>} [Issue ID])

or

Count( {<Month=,QuarterYear=,Year=,[Issue Status Name]={'Open'},[Issue Creation Date]={">=$(=vCurrentQuarterMaxDate) <=$(=vYourMaxDate)"}>} [Issue ID])))

Thanks in Advance,

Niranjan Pawar

6 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi Niranjan, can you try?:

=if(Count( {<Month=,QuarterYear=,Year=,[Issue Status Name]={'Open'},[Issue Creation Date]={">=$(vLast2Quarter) <=$(=vCurrentQuarterMaxDate)"}>} [Issue ID])

and (Count( {<Month=,QuarterYear=,Year=,[Issue Status Name]={'Completed'},[Issue Creation Date]={">=$(=vCurrentQuarterMaxDate) <=$(=vYourMaxDate)"}>} [Issue ID])

or Count( {<Month=,QuarterYear=,Year=,[Issue Status Name]={'Open'},[Issue Creation Date]={">=$(=vCurrentQuarterMaxDate) <=$(=vYourMaxDate)"}>} [Issue ID]))))

Or just:

and Count( {<Month=,QuarterYear=,Year=,[Issue Status Name]={'Completed','Open'},[Issue Creation Date]={">=$(=vCurrentQuarterMaxDate) <=$(=vYourMaxDate)"}>} [Issue ID])

NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruben,

Thanks for your reply, i have attached sample QVW please check still its not working for me.

Thanks,

Niranja Pawar

rubenmarin

I'm not sure of what are you trying to do, but maybe:

=Count( {<Month=,QuarterYear=,Year=,[Issue Status Name]={'Open'},[Issue Creation Date]={">=$(vLast2Quarter) <=$(=vYourMaxDate)"}>

+ <Month=,QuarterYear=,Year=,[Issue Status Name]={'Completed'},[Issue Creation Date]={">=$(=vCurrentQuarterMaxDate) <=$(=vYourMaxDate)"}>} [Issue ID])

NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Ruben,

Here is the logic i am looking for

1. Issues created on or before Sep 30, 2018
  2. Issues completed after Sep 30, 2018
  3. Issues open in the current file

4.  1 and (2 or 3)

4th point i am not able to implement, could you please suggest me with logic

Thanks,

Niranjan Pawar

rubenmarin

what is "Issues open in the current file"?

Each Issue ID has only one status and creation date, to check 1 and 2 you will need a closing date, because you want the same creation dates but you need to check the completion date, after solving this apply filters to retrieve the openened issues with 1 and 3 conditions, and add those with 1 and 2 conditions, in example:

=Count( {

// 1 and 3

<Month=,QuarterYear=,Year=,[Issue Status Name]={'Open'},[Issue Creation Date]={">=$(vLast2Quarter) <=$(=vYourMaxDate)"}>

// 1 and 2

+<Month=,QuarterYear=,Year=,[Issue Status Name]={'Completed'},[Issue Creation Date]={">=$(vLast2Quarter) <=$(=vCurrentQuarterMaxDate)"},[Issue Closing Date]={">$(=vCurrentQuarterMaxDate) "}>} [Issue ID])

NavinReddy
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you so much sir, i will check with the team.