Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expression Help

Hi All,

I’m working on a XIRR calculation where I come across with some issues that I need some help.  I want to add to below “ Trans Type]-=” to exclude where  If [Trans Type]=’EMV’ AND [Date]=’11/30/2015’  Also, to include [Trans Type]=’Memo:’ AND [Date]=’12/31/2015’ 

In words, I want to exclude Trans Type-=’EMV’ with 11/30/2015 date; Also, only take Trans Type=’Memo:’ with 12/31/2015 date.

Below is my current expression.

=XIRR({<Company-={'ABC’},[Trans Type]-={'Income:' ,'Expense:', 'Fees'}>}[Amount],[Date])

Any input will be greatly appreciated!.

Thanks,

Frankie

5 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try like:

=XIRR({<Company-={'ABC'},[Trans Type]={'Memo:'},[Date]={'12/31/2015'}>

-

<Company-={'ABC'},[Trans Type]={'EMV'},[Date]={'11/30/2015'}>}

[Amount],[Date])

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I understood the OP a little differently:

=XIRR(

{

<Company-={'ABC'}, [Trans Type]={'Memo:'}, [Date]={'12/31/2015'}> +

<Company-={'ABC'}, [Trans Type]-={'Memo:'}> -

<Company-={'ABC'}, [Trans Type]={'EMV'}, [Date]={'11/30/2015'}>

}

[Amount],[Date])

(include trans type = memo only for the defined date,

include other trans types for all dates,

but exclude trans type EMV for the second defined date)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Tresesco and Jon thanks for the reply. Will check it out shortly to see how it goes.

Many Thanks!

Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

All,

Do you know how I can make it dynamic for the Company? I have multiple companies, but I just want to exclude certain companies that start/have the word "GP".  I have this added to the expression, it didn't work. {"$(-={'GP,*'})"} .

=XIRR({<Company-={"$(={'GP,*'})"} ,Trans Type]-={'Income:' ,'Expense:', 'Fees'}>}[Amount],[Date])

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Try like this..

=XIRR({<Company-={'GP*'},[Trans Type]-={'Income:' ,'Expense:', 'Fees'}>}[Amount],[Date])