Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression in Pivot Table with values depending on Dimension

In a Pivot Table, I would like to have one expression with value depending on the value for a dimension. I tried this syntax as an example:

IF({<[Product Sub Group Desc]={'Beer'}>},'Cat1','Others')

If dimension Product Sub Group Desc equals 'Beer', I would like Expression to be 'Cat1', else Expression should be 'Others'. Is it an option and how to do it ?

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create a calculated dimension: =IF([Product Sub Group Desc]='Beer','Cat1','Others')

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot

I have another similar challenge...

Looking for year of first revenues for one entry in pivot table:

year_first_rev.PNG.png

I add a dimension based on this expression:

=IF([Expenses $(=(vCurrentYear)-2)]=0, IF([Expenses $(=(vCurrentYear)-1)]=0, IF([Expenses $(=(vCurrentYear))]=0, 'None',$(=(vCurrentYear)) ),$(=(vCurrentYear)-1) ), $(=(vCurrentYear)-2)), $(=(vCurrentYear)-2))

I am trying to obtain 2009 if revenues of 2009 are non zero, 2010 if revenues of 2009 are 0 and revenues of 2010 are non zeros and 2011 if revenues of 2009 and 2010 are zeros but revenues of 2011 are non zeros (else, 'None').

The string I propose is not doing it. What could solve the problem ? Is there another way to achieve it (with variables for instance).

If I try simply this =IF([Expenses $(=(vCurrentYear)-2)] = '0', 'None', 'E') it gives E for all fields, so that I guess the comparison to '0' is not working. Null() is not correct either. How can I solve ?

Thanks in advance