Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saurabhwadhwa
Partner - Contributor III

Expression is not Working.

Hi All,

The below expression is not working when i write all the calculations (POS , ecommerce ,Fund Transfer , ATM) using Pick and match .

i get the value only for the first calculation i.e. POS (128) and for remaining it shows '-' .

Pick(

match(ValueList('POS','eCommerce','Fund Transfer','ATM')

,'POS','eCommerce','Fund Transfer','ATM')

,Max(Aggr(Sum({<delivery_channel_code={'POS'},txn_date={">=$(=num(today())-30) <$(=num(today()))"}>}txn_cnt),txn_date))

,Max(Aggr(Sum({<delivery_channel_code={'EPOS'},txn_date={">=$(=num(today())-30) <$(=num(today()))"}>}txn_cnt),txn_date))

,Max(Aggr(Sum({$<txn_sub_typ_cd={'DIBXF','DIMIN','DIMOR','DIMOT','DMBPR','DMBRV'},txn_date={">=$(=num(today())-30) <$(=num(today()))"}>}txn_cnt),txn_date))

,Max(Aggr(SUm({<delivery_channel_code={'ATM'},txn_date={">=$(=num(today())-30) <$(=num(today()))"}>}txn_cnt),txn_date))

)

But when i use the individual expression such as POS or EPOS or ATM  in straight table or text box ,it works .

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance !

5 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

You need to correct set expression syntax, it cannot have expression in the left, along with it basic syntax is also needs correction like use of '<' etc.

sunny_talwar

May be this:

=Pick( match(ValueList('POS','eCommerce','Fund Transfer','ATM') ,'POS','eCommerce','Fund Transfer','ATM'),

Max(Aggr(Sum({<txn_date = {"$(='>=' & Date(Today() - 30, 'DateFieldFormatHere') & '<' & Date(Today(), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>} txn_cnt), txn_date)),

Max(Aggr(Sum({<txn_date = {"$(='>=' & Date(Today() - 30, 'DateFieldFormatHere') & '<' & Date(Today(), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>} txn_cnt),txn_date)),

Max(Aggr(Sum({<txn_date = {"$(='>=' & Date(Today() - 30, 'DateFieldFormatHere') & '<' & Date(Today(), 'DateFieldFormatHere'))"}>} txn_cnt), txn_date)))

saurabhwadhwa
Author

Hi Sunny ,

Thanks for Reply .

Expression works fine when i don't use Aggr() with Pick and Match ,and return some values .if i use the below expression in straight table or text box ,returns some values.

Max(Aggr(Sum({=$(=num(today())-30) }txn_cnt),txn_date))

I don't know why but its behaviour is not normal when i use pick , match and aggr () function in the same expression and returns the value for only the first calculation.

for example :

Pick(

match(ValueList('POS','eCommerce','Fund Transfer','ATM')

,'POS','eCommerce','Fund Transfer','ATM')

,Max(Aggr(Sum({<delivery_channel_code={'POS'},Num_Txndate={">=$(=num(today())-30) <$(=num(today()))"}>}txn_cnt),Num_Txndate))

,Max(Aggr(Sum({<delivery_channel_code={'EPOS'},Num_Txndate={">=$(=num(today())-30) <$(=num(today()))"}>}txn_cnt),Num_Txndate))

,Max(Aggr(Sum({$<txn_sub_typ_cd={'DIBXF','DIMIN','DIMOR','DIMOT','DMBPR','DMBRV'},Num_Txndate={">=$(=num(today())-30) <$(=num(today()))"}>}txn_cnt),Num_Txndate))

,Max(Aggr(Sum({<delivery_channel_code={'ATM'},Num_Txndate={">=$(=num(today())-30) <$(=num(today()))"}>}txn_cnt),Num_Txndate))

)

for this, its giving me value for POS only and for remaining '-'.

Thanks

saurabhwadhwa
Author

Hi Digvijay , Thanks for reply . Expression was incomplete and i updated the expression . Individual expression works fine in straight table or text box and when i use pick ,match and aggr() together . it gives me value for the 1st expression i.e POS in the above example.