Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

Expression issue with conditions

Hi experts,

I have an expression as below with three conditions to get the latest written down value(WDV) of an asset.

I would need to get the WDV value for an asset that has 'Book' as the Category and the latest WDV determined by the Date ID.

Additionally I would need to filter out the WDV values based on Event Type and I would need only the 'Null' value event types.

=SUM({<DeprCategory={'Book'}, DPDateID = {"$(=max({1} DPDateID))"},[EventType]-={'*'}>}WDV)

But I could not get this working.

Attached is the QVW document that I attached for testing.

Can you please help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shyam.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

=SUM({<DeprCategory = {'Book'},DPDateID = {'$(=Max(DPDateID))'},AssetID = {"=IsNull(EventType)"}>}WDV)

Or

=SUM({<DeprCategory = {'Book'},DPDateID = {'$(=Max({1}DPDateID))'},AssetID = {"=IsNull(EventType)"}>}WDV)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

=SUM({<DeprCategory = {'Book'},DPDateID = {'$(=Max(DPDateID))'},AssetID = {"=IsNull(EventType)"}>}WDV)

Or

=SUM({<DeprCategory = {'Book'},DPDateID = {'$(=Max({1}DPDateID))'},AssetID = {"=IsNull(EventType)"}>}WDV)

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Manish.

The first one worked. Not sure why inclusion of {1} in the DPDateID condition did not work.

Thanks heaps.