Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sagar_vij99
Creator
Creator

Fetch multiple values from List Box

Hi All,

I am making a dashboard where i have to show comparison in performance numbers. I have a list box that has list of months and i have two container with same text boxes showing different numbers.

Now i want when someone selects a month, the numbers in one container should show numbers for the selected month and other container should appear for previous month.

Eg. if i select July the one container will show numbers for July other container should display numbers for June.

Sample expressions are '=sum(Headcount)' and "  =num((($(Pro_T)+$(Qct))/$(Avt))*100,'##.00')&'%'  ".

I tried using Set Analysis but could not achieve the same.

Can anyone help me out here. Any suggestion is appreciated..!!

Regards

Sagar

16 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

monthname() is a function and Month_Name is a field I used. And if you mean MonthNames at the top - that is a system variable defined at the very beginning you any application script.

sagar_vij99
Creator
Creator
Author

Now how can i share the qvw file then..?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you don't see :

Capture.PNG

Then please contact: CommunityAdmin

sagar_vij99
Creator
Creator
Author

I can attach if i will post the question via community page directly. Shall i put it there.. Will it help you to get the file and check sol..?

sagar_vij99
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I have attached the qvw file. In this file you wont find headcount field but instead of that we can use sum(Volume).

so lets keep the intent same.

Regards

Sagar

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try reloading the app with corrected statement like:

Load

MonthName(MakeDate(P_Yr, Month(Date#(P_Month&1,'MMMMY')))) as Month_Name

sagar_vij99
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey thanks for the reply.

I was just trying the above function and it is combining only June's month and year field.

when i removed &1 and Y from date# it is giving combos for all months.

Can you please explain what does &1 do and why above behavior is happening..?