Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field Count

Hello,

I have three fields. Invoice_number, status and date. An invoice_number can change status during time. That means it can change from status A to status B and then to status A etc. This can happen many times during a period of a year. My goal is to create three text objects, one with the total number of invoices, the other with  total number of invoices in Status A and the last one with  total number of invoices in Status B.

The problem is that we have to take into account only the last change of status.  For example the invoice_number 52578 has to count it only one at status A date 5/8/2014.

Please see attached.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jsakalis
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Eleni,

If I understood, you are interested in knowing the last status change that occurs in any year for a given Invoice_Number.

See attached. Some changes were made to simulate 2013 records and group by to also use year.

Filtering on year will give numbers specific to that year, based on last status change.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

I got very close with what you want not sure why B is 481. PFA the application

Have a look while I continue to troubleshoot.

Best,

S

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw. I got a count of 2279 for A, not 2277 because invoices 269432 and 219219 have the same data for A and B.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rubenmarin

Hi, that's beacuse InvoiceNumber 219219 and 269432 has the same max Date for each Status.

Eleni, it should be debugged in data, probably adding time, or in the requirements specifying wich status should be counted when this happens, or if they should count in both status (Then the sum of each status will not sum the total of distinct invoice numbers).

sunny_talwar

Damn man, how did you figure that out? It would have taken me a long time to figure that out. What was your trick to figure it out?

rubenmarin

I used Gysbert solution, selected IsLatest='1'

Then I created a straigth tabe with Invoice_Number as dimension and Count(Date) as expression, sorting descing by expression there were this two invoices counting '2', all the other only count '1'

sunny_talwar

Sweet. I was thinking of troubleshooting it in Excel. It never crossed my mind to use QlikView itself to do that.

jsakalis
Contributor III
Contributor III

Please see attached.

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys,

Thank you all for your help.

The problem is that all these solutions works fine for one year.

What if we have an invoice with status A at 30/12/2013 and change to Status B at 2/1/2014?

If we are going to use max(Date) in the script we will get 2/1/2014 in field date although we select 2013 in year.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance,

Eleni

rubenmarin

Hi Eleni, you can use:

Status A:

=Sum(Aggr(If(Max({<Invoice_Status={'A'}>} Date)=Max(Date), 1), Invoice_Number))

Status B:

Sum(Aggr(If(Max({<Invoice_Status={'B'}>} Date)=Max(Date), 1), Invoice_Number))