Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

Field Event Trigger with multiple actions Not working correctly

Hi Experts,

Please find the attached QVW where I have created multiple actions on a Field using the Field Event Triggers on Selection option.

However, not all the actions are working. For example, The selection works only for 'FY To Now' or 'MTD' but not for 'FY To Completed Month' and 'Today'.

I appreciate if I could get help on understanding what I am missing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shyam.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

8 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Using multiple actions on a single event is always dicey, specially when this actions are for selecting values in fields. To fine tune your case, try to use a single action to in a particular field(here- Date) to select multiple values or value ranges.

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the response tresesco.

I have made the changes and now it seems again work only for two selections.

Moreover, I do not understand why I have to click more than once to make the selection on the Date filed.

Any suggestion highly appreciated.

Regards,

Shyam.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

PFA for solution.

I have just modified your search string expression to ignore Date field selection.

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank tresesco for your help.

In the solution you have provided I could not get the Today selections work.

I have made further changes to the code and i observed the following behaviour. Please find attached QVW

• The 'Today' selection does not show proper selections in the list box
  • Moreover, I need to click multiple times on the list box, any idea why it is behaving like that?

I appreciate your help and support here. Thanks heaps.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Check this.

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That works like a charm. Thanks heaps Tresesco.

However, I noticed that you have used the below code:

>=$(=Min({<Date,MTD_TY={1},FYTD_TY={0}>}Date))

Probably the first 'Date' in the formula made the difference.

Now, i see the selections in the list box respond for one click only. Looks great.

However, I appreciate if you shed some light on functionality of the change you made.

Thanks again.

Shyam

tresesco
MVP
MVP

You are right the additional 'Date' in the set analysis made the difference. this is used to ignore the current selection in the Date field. Now think it like : when you toggle the trigger - one range of dates are already selected and you want to select another range of dates in another click. But qv would not find the new set of dates since they are not in the scope (excluded by explicit selection). Hence, you have to tell qv to ignore the current date field selection and get the new date set beyond the scope. 'Date' exactly does that in your expression.

Learn more about Set Analysis, you would love it.

Hope this helps.

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the clarification.

There are a few other places in my dashboard that I need to implement this logic.

Now I get it why my other objects does not respond for the first click. That's awesome!!

Thanks a Ton!

Shyam.