Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field Not Found

Hello Everyone!

I am starting the groundwork for a new app but have run into an issue with loading one of the base tables. Every time I try to Reload or Debug the script below I get a "Field not found - <Product>" error. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Is there anything obvious that I am missing?

SalesByProd:
LOAD
"Product",
"Pack",
"Wh",
"Acct_Num",
"Qty_Ord";

SQL SELECT
"product",
"pack",
"Wh",
"Acct_Num",
"Qty_Ord"
FROM "PROD_WHOLESALE_VIEWS"."WSale_PDS_ORDERS_COMB"
WHERE pcat > 6;

Thank you for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

QlikView is case-sensitive by field/table-names and in your SQL you have "product" and within the precceding-part "Product". Further you used double-quotes around your fields/table within the SQL which might not be correct. Try:

SalesByProd:
LOAD *;
SQL SELECT
product,
pack,
Wh,
Acct_Num,
Qty_Ord
FROM PROD_WHOLESALE_VIEWS.WSale_PDS_ORDERS_COMB
WHERE pcat > 6;

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

QlikView is case-sensitive by field/table-names and in your SQL you have "product" and within the precceding-part "Product". Further you used double-quotes around your fields/table within the SQL which might not be correct. Try:

SalesByProd:
LOAD *;
SQL SELECT
product,
pack,
Wh,
Acct_Num,
Qty_Ord
FROM PROD_WHOLESALE_VIEWS.WSale_PDS_ORDERS_COMB
WHERE pcat > 6;

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Marcus! That worked. For future reference, is it a best practice to use "*" on the Load and then specify what fields you want in the SQL statement?

marcus_sommer

Yes you could do it in this way unless you want/need to make any transformings - for this see here: Re: Qlik View Load SQL Select Question

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Perfect! Thank you for the help!