Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Field on a individual drill down level.

Hi,

I have a drill down group where I can drill down from department to each individual product, I would like to be able to show the pack size just on the product level. I have done the following but the result looks rather messy, is there a simple way of achieving this ?

=[Product] & ' ' & [Pack]

Thanks,

Gavin.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

If I understood the question, I can think of a couple of approaches.

First, you could have two charts, one with the Pack column, one without. Use a show condition that depends on the value selected for the drill down group, like getcurrentfield(MyGroup)='Product'. That might be nicest from a presentation point of view, but would require dual maintenance.

Second, have one chart with the Pack column, and use a condition in the expression to only return a value if you're at the Product level in the drill down group, like if(getcurrentfield(MyGroup)='Product',sum([Pack])).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Does it look better like this?:

=[Product] & ' (' & [Pack] & ')'

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Yes it does look better, although I was hopint to be able to insert a column for exporting to excell.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

If I understood the question, I can think of a couple of approaches.

First, you could have two charts, one with the Pack column, one without. Use a show condition that depends on the value selected for the drill down group, like getcurrentfield(MyGroup)='Product'. That might be nicest from a presentation point of view, but would require dual maintenance.

Second, have one chart with the Pack column, and use a condition in the expression to only return a value if you're at the Product level in the drill down group, like if(getcurrentfield(MyGroup)='Product',sum([Pack])).

Not applicable
Author

Thanks John,

Works fine.