Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

File DSN Connection Problem

Hi All,

I have created a File DSN by connecting to MS Oracle.But i dont see that in the DSN list when in connect from Qlikview.

What is the problem?

Please help.

9 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Sandhya,

Are you using Windows 7 or x64 Qlikview Version? It's happening to me in this case, I mean. I can create without problem the DSN but it's not shown in the system.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I am using Windows x64.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Then be sure you have downloaded x64 version of ODBC driver. Only then it will be shown in your DSN dialog when loading the script. It's documented in some developer forums and manufacturers sites that you can succesfully install 32bit odbc driver in your system, and you can even check them doing some tricks in Windows configuration (check among many others previous link). But the thing is that the dialog QlikView calls when using the wizard in the script screen is calling the one that only shows your 64 bit drivers. May it be a bug? I'm not sure.

Otherwise, I haven't found any solution yet.

Not applicable
Author

Ok i will check that.Than
Not applicable
Author

Ok thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry there was some net problem.

Thank you.

I have created an ODBC connection :

ODBC

CONNECT TO Sample (XUserId is QAbUTQRMFDeCWaNOFTcQH, XPassword is

MLKBUQRMFDeCGMB);

How shall i put this into configuation text file and assign it to a variable and connect through that?

Please suggest.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry there was some net problem.

Thank you.

I have created an ODBC connection :

ODBC

CONNECT TO Sample (XUserId is QAbUTQRMFDeCWaNOFTcQH, XPassword is

MLKBUQRMFDeCGMB);

How shall i put this into configuation text file and assign it to a variable and connect through that?

Please suggest.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Sandhya,

I'd copy that line into say, one .txt file -fist line with FieldName "ConnectionString" and second line with actual connnection string as posted above- and then load it into a variable:

ConnStr:LOAD ConnectionString FROM File;SET vConnStr = PEEK('FieldNameHere', 0, 'ConnStr')

Hope this helps