cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrdunson
Creator
Creator

Filter Rows for 1) min date and 2) user entered value

I want to filter  for rows, where 1) theTransaction Date is the minimum date and 2) where the Amount is >= to a selected amount.   That is, to filter a table, for the minimum date where a specific amount occurred for the first time.  I want a user to select the min amount (I have this as a variable, vAmtMin) and then show (and do summations) for the first row (earliest date), where this amount occurred.

For example, if a user selects a Transaction Amount of $20,000, then the table should show  only the row where this occurred for the first time ...(perhaps using  min(Transaction Date), or FirstSortedValue) ...and the counts (of IDs) and totals (for Amounts) can be listed, or displayed in a chart

...(e.g. "First Time Buyers, by Year, that have paid [20,000]  ...or whatever level the users wants to see)

I’ve been able to come up with the above expressions, but not sure how to show only the minimum-date row only.   Min, and FirstSortedValue show all rows... For instance, in the attached .qvw, I want to show only the minimum-date row:

mindate_example.JPG

16 Replies
sunny_talwar

I will try to work on this as soon as I get some time as well.... If possible can you share a sample where you have same Transaction Date with Multiple amounts?

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

Just created a sample set... and am trying it out...

sunny_talwar

See if the attached helps

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey, I'm heading to lunch EST, will look this afternoon, thanks

sunny_talwar

Sounds good

jrdunson
Creator
Creator
Author

Sunny, thanks again...this is really helpful.   your help is really appreciated .

Jarrell

ps ... I need to learn about left-side to right side set analysis... if you have any references, it would be doubly appreciated

sunny_talwar

This is a good place to start:

Set Analysis: syntaxes, examples