Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering future months

Hi, I'm relatively new at qlikview and I've been trying to filter future months to see if there's information saved in incorrect months (ex: It's impossible to spend money in October 2012 if we're in July 2012).

I'd like to count the number of transactions made in future months of the same year. This is the formula I've been trying to use:

=Count({<transaction_Year={"=year(Today())"},transaction_Month={">month(Today())"}>}Transaction)

It works fine with the year, but when I try to filter greater months (transaction_Month has a numerical value) it just doesn't work. I don't get an error in the expression, but the numbers are all to zero.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

try to use :

=num(Month(TODAY()))

or change

SET MonthNames='sty;lut;mar;kwi;maj;cze;lip;sie;wrz;paź;lis;gru';

in your loading script

Not applicable
Author

Thanks that helped. I had to use a variable (=num(Month(TODAY()))) and it worked well.

I had already resolved the issue by creating the following variable: =If(Month(Today())='jan', 1, if(Month(Today())='feb', 2, if(Month(Today())='mar', 3, if(Month(Today())='abr', 4, if(Month(Today())='may', 5, if(Month(Today())='jun', 6, if(Month(Today())='jul', 7, if(Month(Today())='ago', 8, if(Month(Today())='sep', 9, if(Month(Today())='oct', 10, if(Month(Today())='nov', 11, if(Month(Today())='dec', 12, 0)))))))))))).

As you can see your method is much cleaner. Thanks for your help.

Not applicable
Author

it will be better if you use one field DATA instead of YEAR AND MONTH fields

then it'l be easy to filter mar 2013