Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Football results model

Hi,

i am trying to analyze a file that has data about Premier's League results. In particullar, i am trying to analyze this csv file: http://www.football-data.co.uk/mmz4281/1617/E0.csv

I am new to Qlikview, and i have a problem regarding the way that i can accomplish that. As you may see if you open the file, there is a column for HomeTeam, and another one for AwayTeam. I have also create another file, which holds data about Category and it has three columns: CategoryID, Teams and Year. (althought i am not so sure that it's necessary to create that file)

So, now i want to associate fields. I can associate CategoryID, but i can't accosiate teams because there are two columns regarding them and i cannot give the same name to two columns. So i am stucked. How can i setup my relationship model in order to get information about a particular team?

I hope that my english are understandable

Thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Extend the data model with a little more information, perhaps like this:

GameID,Where,Team,Goals
123456,Home,A,2
123456,Away,B,3

GameID,Date,Draw?
123456,29/10/16,N

Date,Season
29/10/16,2016

"what can I do in order to see how many goals each team has from the beginning of the season? Or, how often each team has a draw?"

Dimension  = Team
Expression = sum(Goals)

Expression = count({<Draw?={'Y'}>} distinct GameID)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Possibly you can concatenate the tables on different purpose. Can you please post sample qvw ?

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I can't see the CSV from work. I'm unclear what you want to do. But maybe split your data out like this?

GameID,Where,Team
123456,Home,A
123456,Away,B

You can add a table for data about each game, linked by GameID. You can add a table for data about each team, linked by Team. I'm unclear what you're trying to do with the category table, though.

Not applicable
Author

The only thing that i wan to accomplish is to get statistics about a particular team. It's not necessary to have the Category table. If i can make the job without it, it's just fine. For example, what can i do in order to see how many goals each team has from the beginning of the season? Or, how often each team has a draw? Things like that i want.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Extend the data model with a little more information, perhaps like this:

GameID,Where,Team,Goals
123456,Home,A,2
123456,Away,B,3

GameID,Date,Draw?
123456,29/10/16,N

Date,Season
29/10/16,2016

"what can I do in order to see how many goals each team has from the beginning of the season? Or, how often each team has a draw?"

Dimension  = Team
Expression = sum(Goals)

Expression = count({<Draw?={'Y'}>} distinct GameID)