Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RafaelOliveira
Contributor II
Contributor II

Force table box to not show data if date range in calendar object is data empty

Hi all, 

i have a calendar object that uses a master calendar as base. All the data is shown on a table box and this data is based on the date range selected on the calendar object.

My data does not have values for all the date range but only for some days/months.

Ex:

My master calendar goes from 01/01/2022 to 01/01/2024 but i only have data for some months and days of this range. The reason why this calendar goes from 01/01/2022 to 01/01/2024 is that the "MinDate" on dataset is 01/01/2022 and the "MaxDate" on dataset is 01/01/2024.

I only can provide this screenshot of the type of calendar im using. The data is really sensitive and i cant share either the code or the data.

i know that qlikview logic is to show all the data if there is no data in that date range, but i need the opposite. I want to show no data in my table box if there is no data in the date range.

is that possible?

Can someone help me with that?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RafaelOliveira
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thit is what i was expecting, but it is not what is happening.
But , happily i've solved it another way.

I used an other field that comes null if the date does not exist on the dataset, so i suppress the entire row everytime this field comes null.

It was not the best solution , but worked. 🙂

Thank you for your replies.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

It's probably not possible to answer your question based on the information provided. Controlling the data displayed within the table depends on what formulas you are using within the table, and you didn't include those.

RafaelOliveira
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello, 

im not using any formulas on the table.

Is just a table box that shows results of a extraction from a database.
The calendar filters the data in the table box accordingly the dates i select on it.

The problem is that when i have no data in a selected date range, it shows all dataset instead of show nothing.

Or
MVP
MVP

This is not standard Qlik behavior. If you select dates that have no values associated with them, no values should be shown in a table.

RafaelOliveira
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thit is what i was expecting, but it is not what is happening.
But , happily i've solved it another way.

I used an other field that comes null if the date does not exist on the dataset, so i suppress the entire row everytime this field comes null.

It was not the best solution , but worked. 🙂

Thank you for your replies.

oshi76
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Rafael,

Can you share the expression you used in your new field? I am trying to do the same and slowly going insane!

Thank you!

Cheers,

Tim

RafaelOliveira
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Tim, 

actually i just pick an other field from my dataset that always comes null if the date is null.

So i supress the entire row when this field comes null... 
there is no expression, it was just a deeper analysis on my dataset to understand that it was possible. 
kind of a lucky strike.