Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Format expression totals

I have selected an option on the expression tab to use a total. For example I am including a numeric count of rows total option for an expression which then appears as a line at the top of my chart. This works fine but I would like to be able to make that total (including the label) bold, a different color text ,or a different color background so that it stands out a bit more than the rest of the rows in my straight table. Any ideas on if this can be done? I have tried to set the text format of the expression itself but then this affects the whole expression column while I only want it to affect the total line and the total label.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Turn on "Design Grid" (in the View menu), then right-click within the total cell and select "Custom Format Cell" from the context menu. You will be able to control font, color and other attributes there.

Oleg

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Look here:

Chart Properties - Presentation Tab - Text in Chart (not for table type charts)

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Turn on "Design Grid" (in the View menu), then right-click within the total cell and select "Custom Format Cell" from the context menu. You will be able to control font, color and other attributes there.

Oleg

Not applicable
Author

My suggestion is not for table type charts, sorry for the misunderstanding

Thanks for the tip Oleg, never noticed this option before.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks so much, this is very helpful!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Oleg, this tip is great. I have two more questions:

1) Unfortunately, I can't SAVE in THEME the options I define for the colors in the Subtotals. Is this possible?

2) I can't define different background/text color for the different levels of subtotals. Is this possible as well?

Thank a lot in advance.

BR

Kalin