Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Formula

Hi All,

I need your assistance with two issues. Number one I keep getting Out of Object Memory error for my chart. And Number two is there any formula to see if any company id has more than one phone number. I'm attaching a sample data set.

Thanks in advance,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

This calculated dimension (e.g. used in a list box's field expression) should return the list of companies with more than one phone1 entries:

=Aggr(

Only({1<Customer2.netsuiteid = {"=Count({1}DISTINCT Customer2.phone1)>1"} >}Customer2.netsuiteid), Customer2.netsuiteid)

You can also create a chart with dimension Customer2.netsuiteid and expression

=Count(DISTINCT Customer2.phone1)>1

which should show the same set of companies. Add phone1 as dimension if you want (or an expression like

=Concat(

{<Customer2.netsuiteid = {"=Count({1}DISTINCT Customer2.phone1)>1"} >}

DISTINCT Customer2.phone1,', ')

View solution in original post

15 Replies
sunny_talwar

Wow, isn't it possible to provide a reduced version of the actual application?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry Sunny here you are.

sunny_talwar

That was fairly quick. Thank you

sunny_talwar

Where is the chart that is showing 'Out of Memory'? I see only list boxes

Customer has multiple phones? which phone? 1, 2, 3 or 4 or the among the combination?

Not applicable
Author

I got the Out of Memory matter resolved. Yes Customer has multiple phone numbers but ignore the 2,3,4 phone1 is the field which is needed. I want to see which customers have multiple phone numbers please.

Thanks for checking.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If a chart returns out of object memory, I assume that's because your expression uses fields from both your unlinked tables, hence Qlik creates a temporary cartesian product to calculate the aggregation results.

This probably causes your issues.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try a list box with a field expression like

Aggr( Only({<customer = {"=Count(DISTINCT phone1)>1"}>} customer), customer)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stefan does this formula provide me with the Company IDs which have multiple phone numbers?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Which field is describing your Company ID?

netsuitecompanyid seems to be completely empty.