Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III

Getting Month Name from Date (dd/mm/yyyy)

Hi Guys - I need to show the variations in months across 5 years worth of data.  So, just want to highlight which months of the year generally show the highest demand for our services.  I have two dates I need to use - Request Date, and Event Date. 

How can I get Qlikview to allow me to extract the month name, so I can use this in the dashboard I've developed?  The script (relevant fields extracted) is as follows:

Directory;
LOAD

AD_Request_Date as Request_Date

AD_Event_DT as Event_Date

FROM
[..\xxxxx\xxxx\xxxx\xxxx_*.csv]

many thanks guys!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can try

Month(AD_Request_Date) as MonthName

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this

LOAD

AD_Request_Date as Request_Date,

MonthName(AD_Request_Date) as MonthName

FROM

Concatenate

Directory;
LOAD

AD_Event_DT as Event_Date,

MonthName(AD_Event_DT) as MonthName

FROM

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @Anil_Babu_Samineni - unfortunately it is pulling all of the dates in format MMM-YY.  I just want Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec.  So I can compare seasonal / monthly trends.

Any ideas?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

You can try

Month(AD_Request_Date) as MonthName

jlampard40
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you @Anil_Babu_Samineni