Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerrycastellino
Creator III
Creator III

Going back in time - need help in Set Analysis, expression building

I have a situation where I need to build an expression based on previous months or previous years data based on what the user has selected. For this example I need to go back 1 month. The date is not a dimension in the straight table.

sum( {{< %DIM_DATE_KEY= P({1<%DIM_DATE_KEY={"$(=Date(AddMonths(max(%DIM_DATE_KEY),-1)),'MM/DD/YYYY')"} >} %DIM_DATE_KEY) >} CALL_COUNT)

Right now I have this expression showing as follows in the straight table - notice the data for the previous period is blank when I select september 01, 2017:

I have data for August as seen in the attachment.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gerrycastellino
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm trying to apply this to a sum where I'm looking at the previous period from what's being selected:

I put your expression in my sum,  trying to get this to work,  but it's still showing '0' 's in my straight table.

The date range is now looking the way I want it.

sum( {{< %DIM_DATE_KEY= P({1< %DIM_DATE_KEY={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Min(%DIM_DATE_KEY),-1),'MM/DD/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(%DIM_DATE_KEY),-1),'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}  >} %DIM_DATE_KEY) >} CALL_COUNT)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Looks like the dollar sign expansion shows a syntax error:

Try

{'$(=Date(AddMonths(max(%DIM_DATE_KEY),-1),'MM/DD/YYYY'))'}

gerrycastellino
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Stefan:

maybe to simplify it, if I can show in a list box , the prior months periods of what's been selected,  that's what I'm looking for.

As you can see here, it's taking the max

PPeriod_1.PNG !

See attachments and image.

Gerry.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you select a continuous range, you can use a numeric search:

=aggr(only({<DatePeriod=P({1< DatePeriod={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Min(DatePeriod),-1),'MM/DD/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(DatePeriod),-1),'MM/DD/YYYY'))"} >} ) >} DatePeriod), DatePeriod)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am not 100% sure what you want to achieve, but I think you don't need the p() function here:

=aggr(only({<DatePeriod={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Min(DatePeriod),-1),'MM/DD/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(DatePeriod),-1),'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}  >} DatePeriod), DatePeriod)

gerrycastellino
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm trying to apply this to a sum where I'm looking at the previous period from what's being selected:

I put your expression in my sum,  trying to get this to work,  but it's still showing '0' 's in my straight table.

The date range is now looking the way I want it.

sum( {{< %DIM_DATE_KEY= P({1< %DIM_DATE_KEY={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(Min(%DIM_DATE_KEY),-1),'MM/DD/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(Max(%DIM_DATE_KEY),-1),'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}  >} %DIM_DATE_KEY) >} CALL_COUNT)

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Guess you don't make your selections in the date key?

Then you may need to clear all user selections that may interfere with your set modifier in the set analysis (or use set identifier 1 in your main set expression).

Have a look at

https://aftersync.com/blog/the-magic-of-set-analysis-point-in-time-reporting

gerrycastellino
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Stefan:

I will be making date selections in the datekey.

Gerry.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Then please update your sample application with the chart & expression in question.