Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Going to the very roots qvs files are not always the solution

Hi,

maybe this will help somebody to avoid the pitfall I just spent some time with:

I have for a while been wondering why a formula including two set_expressions, which works fine and returns the correct value in one of my apps, returns a wrong value in another although all the base fields are in a master_calendar which is now in a qvs file and are thus exactly the same everywhere.

Just now I have noticed that NOT all the base fields are the same - or rather that there are settings below what I thought to be the very base_fields:

=> There are these SET commands which seem to be a default in the script. In this specific app, the weekday_names are German standard: Mo, Die, Mi etc.

=> One binary field in my master_calendar was supposed to return 1 on (Mon-Fri) and 0 on (Sat-Sun). The field was written in ENGLISH

==>> As a result (because in that app the weekdays had German names), it returned 1 for every day and it returned a wrong value.

SOL.: I edited the binary field in my master_calendar to take into account all four names (Sat, Sun, Sa, So). Now it works fine.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

0 Replies