Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Graph help

I am looking for some help on the following graph:

sales graph.png

I am using the following two formulas:

Bars -

(Sum({<MONTHYEAR ={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -14), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -1),  'MMM-YY'))"} , [NEW RENEW IND]={'COMBINED'}>} EIF) -

ABOVE(Sum({<MONTHYEAR ={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -14), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -1),  'MMM-YY'))"} , [NEW RENEW IND]={'COMBINED'}>} EIF)))

/1000

Line with dots -

Sum({<MONTHYEAR ={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -14), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -1),  'MMM-YY'))"} , [NEW RENEW IND]={'COMBINED'}>} EIF)/1000

I am trying to hide the dot for Oct-13, but show the bars as is currently displayed.  When I try to change the line formula to -13, it causes an error with the access.  Looking for some help to have the proper functionality.

Thank you,

Justin

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you post sample .qvw with data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is the attached QVW

Not applicable
Author

Hi Justin,

I tried to change the line formula to -13 and the requirement is met.Its not causing any error for me. Attached the screenshot as well as qvw for reference.

Regards

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

try,suppress null values on bar chart exp/dimension

Not applicable
Author

same I tried and it is working fine

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When I try the graph, here is the picture I get:

sales graph.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shiva,

I tried to suppress the value and that did not alter the graph.

Rakesh and HareKrishna, what settings are you using to cause the normal graph, I have tried everything I can think of, and continue to get the result above.  Also, did you change anything else in the expression?

Not applicable
Author

The only change I made is -13 . Using exactly the same expression for Line:

Sum({<MONTHYEAR ={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -13), 'MMM-YY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MONTHYEAR), -1),  'MMM-YY'))"} , [NEW RENEW IND]={'COMBINED'}>} EIF)/1000

What do you mean by settings here?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just trying to figure out how yours shows