Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Group data on a bar chart to create 'Others' category (and show data at 100%)

Hi Community

A little time ago I receive your help when I needed to create a chart with Others category for non selected data (See http://community.qlik.com/message/220067)

I have a similar issue. I need to create the same chart, but the data has to be ponderated to 100%. I tried this approach, but I can't get a sucessful result

I create a variable (the same that was used on the first case)

='ValueList(' & Chr(39) & Concat(DISTINCT characteristic_value,Chr(39)&Chr(44)&Chr(39)) & Chr(39) & ',' & Chr(39) & 'Others' & Chr(39) & ')'

On the chart:

Dimesionns:

1.- Calculated dimesion

=$(vValueList)

2.- Regular date dimension

Expression

=if($(vValueList) = 'Others',
          sum({<characteristic_value=E()>} fact_sold_units)/Sum({1<cal_monthyear>} fact_sold_units),
          sum(if(characteristic_value=$(vValueList), fact_sold_units))/Sum({1<cal_monthyear>} fact_sold_units)
)

And the result is shown in the attached image

The expected result would be all  the bars ponderated to 100%. Is there any problem with the formmulas used?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

(I have personal edition of qlikview, so I can't see external fies )

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

im not sure i got what you mean but try to check this:

sum({<characteristic_value=E()>} fact_sold_units)/Sum({1} total fact_sold_units),
          sum(if(characteristic_value=$(vValueList), fact_sold_units))/Sum({1}total  fact_sold_units)
)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Pari Pari

I tried with your suggestion, but is didn't work.

I continued trying to find a solution to my problem, and I think i found it

I use this formula on the expresion

sum({<characteristic_value=E()>} fact_sold_units) / Sum({<characteristic_value=>} TOTAL <cal_monthyear,                  characteristic_type> fact_sold_units) * ($(count_vValueList)),
      sum(IF(characteristic_value=$(vValueList),fact_sold_units)) / Sum({<characteristic_value=>} TOTAL                <cal_monthyear, characteristic_type> fact_sold_units) * ($(count_vValueList))
)

in where the new variable count_vValueList is

=Count($(vValueList))

I created this variable becaude when I use directly Count($(vValueList)) on the formula it didn't work (Any idea why?)

Well, I multiplied by the amount of total selected categorires, because when I select 4 values + the 'Others' I obteined total od 20 %. If I selected 3 + 'Others' I obtained 25%. So, multiplying by total amount (20*5 or 25 *4) I get desired 100%

I'm not sure why this happened, so would be great if someone can explain me

Thanks a lot