Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

Help required to create complicated chart

I want to create a chart something like below one. The values that you see is the count of TRUE value against the each city for the selected date range(Based on the date range you have more number of month columns dynamically). It should count the number against each city based on the below expressions.

Limit Analysis.jpg

IF(

IF(Limit_Days='l_30',[30 days],

IF(Limit_Days='l_60',[60 days],

IF(Limit_Days='l_90',[90 days],

IF(Limit_Days='TBD',[60 days)

)

)

)<1

,sum(TOTAL{<Period = {'>$(=date($(VMaxPeriod)-$(VDays))) <=$(=date($(VMaxPeriod))) '}>} 1),

sum(TOTAL{<Period = {'>$(=date($(VMaxPeriod)-$(VDays))) <=$(=date($(VMaxPeriod))) '}>} 0))

Has anyone created a similar chart like this? Can you please help on the same since it doesn't looks to be straight forward.

11 Replies
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Any help from any one about creating the above chart?

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

Do you want to create the chart like your screenshot?

Hope you have Month Field. So, you can create the Pivot table, Include the Month Field in your dimension.

Try with your expression (believe it is working)

can you create the sample with dummy data? it would be helps us to resolve your question.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes I want to create a chart similar to one mentioned in the screen shot. We dont have Month field in our DM.We are just creating it using MonthName(Period) for Month Field and dragging it to the top of expression to make it as cross tab. Basically what i want(Under the month) is that count of number of days the value is < 1 in a month(Basically count of TRUE value of a month based on the below expression).

Please let me know if the requirement is not clear yet.

=IF(

IF(maxstring({<$(e_DateRange)>}Limit_Days)='last_30',$(e_Days('l_30')),

IF(maxstring({<$(e_DateRange)>}Limit_Days)='last_60',$(e_Days('l_60')),

IF(maxstring({<$(e_DateRange)>}Limit_Days)='last_90',$(e_Days('l_90')),

IF(maxstring({<$(e_DateRange)>}Limit_Days)='TBD',$(e_Days('l_60')))

)

)

)<1

,replace(sum(TOTAL{<Period = {'>$(=date($(VMaxPeriod)-$(VDays))) <=$(=date($(VMaxPeriod))) '}>} 1),1,'TRUE'),

replace(sum(TOTAL{<Period = {'>$(=date($(VMaxPeriod)-$(VDays))) <=$(=date($(VMaxPeriod))) '}>} 0),0,'FALSE')

)

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

So, you are using Calculating Dimension. what you are getting now, if you are using the above mentioned Expressions?

Can you post the screen shot?

Try to look on the Pick Match function also..

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes we are using the calculated dimension. I am getting 1 and 1 respectively in both the months. Sorry not possible to attach the screen shot now as it has real data and what i mentioned above is just for your understanding.

By the way not able understand how i will make use of Pick and Match function? Could you please explain

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

i'm not able to assume what's happened. Someone will help.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ok I know it is very difficult to work without any sample data. I wish to attach but due to security reason I am not attaching any.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Just to wanted to know how to take the count of TRUE values show the same against month after doing cross tab. That would be much helpful.

qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi All,

Basically I want to count only those days where the values are TRUE. If there is no TRUE value we just need to flag it as 0. Can someone help me out on this? It is little confusing to go ahead with that.

IF(

IF(Limit_Days='l_30',[30 days],

IF(Limit_Days='l_60',[60 days],

IF(Limit_Days='l_90',[90 days],

IF(Limit_Days='TBD',[60 days)

)

)

)<1

,sum(TOTAL{<Period = {'>$(=date($(VMaxPeriod)-$(VDays))) <=$(=date($(VMaxPeriod))) '}>} 1),

sum(TOTAL{<Period = {'>$(=date($(VMaxPeriod)-$(VDays))) <=$(=date($(VMaxPeriod))) '}>} 0))