Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III

Help with Expression for Pivot table to get output of multiple nested if conditions

Hello,

I have a 5 separate Pivot tables which give the results of a bidder rating(G='Acceptable',Y='Neutral',R='Rejected) based on multiple conditions for 5 Packages as shown in the image below:

QV123.png

Now I want to create a summary table of the above 5 tables, giving the list of Bidders falling into each rating bucket. Something like this:

RatingA(MPL)B1(RMSP-L)B2(MMSP-G)C1(Parts)C2(MMSP-L)
AcceptableBidder1004,Bidder1005,Bidder2001,Bidder2006Bidder1001,Bidder1004,Bidder2002
NeutralBidder2005,Bidder2007Bidder1008,Bidder2001,Bidder2005
Rejected

Bidder1001,Bidder1002,Bidder1003,Bidder1006,Bidder1007,Bidder1008,

Bidder2002,Bidder2003,Bidder2004,Bidder2008

Bidder1002,Bidder1003,Bidder1005,Bidder1006,Bidder1007,Bidder2003,

Bidder2004,Bidder2006,Bidder2007,Bidder2008

Please kindly help me with getting the expression right for this summary table. I have tried the following expression:

Pick(Match(Rating,'Acceptable','Neutral','Rejected'),

if(if(FinalResult='OVERALL TECHNICAL PARITY BAND' and Wildmatch(Bidder,'Bidder1***')=1 and (Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},No={'1A'},A={'COMPLY'}>}Items)=0) or (Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},={'COMPLY'}>}distinct No)<>Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},-={'N/A'}>}distinct No)) or (Package='Package A' and [HSE Evaluation Result]='R') or (Sum(If(VC.F22 ...

(Flag9='Fail' or Flag10='Fail' or Flag11='Fail' or Flag12='Fail' or Flag13='Fail' or Flag14='Fail') or (Flag15='Fail' or Flag16='Fail' or Flag17='Fail' or Flag18='Fail' or Flag19='Fail' or Flag20='Fail') or (Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},No={'14'},={'COMPLY'}>}distinct No)=0) or

(Package='Package A' and [Financial Evaluaton Result]='R'),'R',

if(FinalResult='OVERALL TECHNICAL PARITY BAND' and Wildmatch(Bidder,'Bidder1***')=1 and (Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},No={'1A'},A={'COMPLY'}>}Items)=1) and (Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},={'COMPLY'}>}distinct No)=Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},-={'N/A'}>}distinct No)) and (Sum(If(VC.F22 = 'CV Submitted by Bidder', Responses0))>=4) and

(Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},No={'14'},={'COMPLY'}>}distinct No)=1) and (Package='Package A' and [HSE Evaluation Result]='Y') or (Flag12='Y...

'Y',

if(FinalResult='OVERALL TECHNICAL PARITY BAND' and Wildmatch(Bidder,'Bidder2***')=1 and (Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},No={'1A'},A={'COMPLY'}>}Items)=0) or (Sum({<Appendix={'Appendix V(D) Time'}>})<60 and Sum({<Appendix={'Appendix V(D) Value'}>})<3000000) or (Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},={'COMPLY'}>}distinct No)<>Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},-={'N/A'}>}distinct No)) or (Package='Package A' and [HSE Evaluation Result]='R') or (Sum(If(VC.F22 ...

(Flag9='Fail' or Flag10='Fail' or Flag11='Fail' or Flag12='Fail' or Flag13='Fail' or Flag14='Fail') or (Flag15='Fail' or Flag16='Fail' or Flag17='Fail' or Flag18='Fail' or Flag19='Fail' or Flag20='Fail') or (Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},No={'14'},={'COMPLY'}>}distinct No)=0) or

(Package='Package A' and [Financial Evaluaton Result]='R'),'R',

if(FinalResult='OVERALL TECHNICAL PARITY BAND' and Wildmatch(Bidder,'Bidder2***')=1 and (Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},No={'1A'},A={'COMPLY'}>}Items)=1) and (Sum({<Appendix={'Appendix V(D) Time'}>})>=60 or Sum({<Appendix={'Appendix V(D) Value'}>})>=3000000) and (Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},={'COMPLY'}>}distinct No)=Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},-={'N/A'}>}distinct No)) and (Sum(If(VC.F22 = 'CV Submitted by Bidder', Responses0))>=4) and

(Count({<Appendix={'Appendix V'},No={'14'},={'COMPLY'}>}distinct No)=1) and (Flag12='Yellow') or (Flag18='Yellow') or (Package='Package A' and ...

'Y','G'))))='G',Bidder))

where the multiple nested if conditions give the criteria for rating the bidder but it seems it's not correct as the table becomes blank.. I'm attaching the QV file to the post. You can find the summary table in the tab named 'Summary'. Thanks in advance!

stalwar1kaushik.solanki

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

This

Capture.PNG

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Wow. Excellent! You put the pick match expression in a variable and then used another pick match function in the actual table with Concat(Aggr). Can you please explain what the Concat(Aggr is helping us accomplish in this expression? Thanks a ton again Sunny!

sunny_talwar

Concatenating multiple Bidders into a single cell

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Got it! So I guess when you have such long nested if formulae and need to use their output in another expression the best way would be to go with variables. Lesson learnt! Thanks a lot Sunny! Really really appreciate it!

sunny_talwar

Yes, if I had to repeat the same expression three times, how horrible was it going to look... to make it look small (and deceive you ) I used variable....