Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Macro Error

When users run the following query, which exports some charts as CSV files to a network location, they get a Macro Parse Failed error. I'm not getting the error and just can't find a reason why it's working for me and not them. I've checked the macro security on their IE plugin as well as their rights to the network folder, it all looks fine.

Sub ExportCSV

'Download Sheet object data to CSV

SET vSKUVal = ActiveDocument.Fields("SKU").GetSelectedValues 'Only one selection allowed

'msgbox(vSKUVal.Item(0).Text)

vFilename = vSKUVal.Item(0).Text

set sObject = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CHItemsList")

sObject.Export "\\occ01fs010\boi03_public$\QlikView-Recall\Items_List_for_" & vFilename & ".CSV",","

set sObject = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CHDistroList")

sObject.Export "\\occ01fs010\boi03_public$\QlikView-Recall\Affected_Distribution_List_for_" & vFilename & ".CSV",","

set sObject = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CHNonDistroList")

sObject.Export "\\occ01fs010\boi03_public$\QlikView-Recall\Non-Affected_Distribution_List_for_" & vFilename & ".CSV",","

msgbox "Files Exported",48,"Trace & Recall"

Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

vFolderToOpen = "explorer.exe /e," & "\\occ01fs010\boi03_public$\QlikView-Recall"

objShell.Run vFolderToOpen

Set objShell = Nothing

End Sub

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The problem was that one of the charts being exported was located on a sheet the users did not have access to. Once moved to another sheet, the macro worked fine.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
anil_y_86
Contributor III
Contributor III

What is the error message?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's the standard, and useless, message that states "Macro Parse Failed, Functionality Lost".

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The problem was that one of the charts being exported was located on a sheet the users did not have access to. Once moved to another sheet, the macro worked fine.