Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with Set analysis syntax

Hi,

I have a set analysis expression that used to work, but suddenly it doesn't (well, it does in one application but not in a later version of the same application), which leads me to think that I've done something wrong in the syntax.

What I want to do is to calculate the number of suppliers (UniqueCountSupplierNumber) that only exists once. I also only want to take the current month into consideration (I have a variable for that set anaylis).

count( {< $(vCurrentMonthSet), UniqueCountSupplierNumber = {"=count( {1<$(vCurrentMonthSet)>} UniqueCountSupplierNumber)=1"} >} UniqueCountSupplierNumber )

Any thoughts on how I should change the expression or how I could reach the same result in another way?

Regards, Anders

11 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The behaviour of Count() when a key field is used as argument has changed over the years. So, that it worked in some versions but not in others is not strange.

My view is that Count(<Key>) ought to always return NULL. It is just not well-defined.

Count(distinct >Key>) should however work, as well as Count(<CopyOfKey>)

HIC

Not applicable
Author

OK, that explains it.

And I can only agree with you regarding returning NULL - would have saved me two days work... I made a copy of the field and now it works as charm