Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with formatting of chart/graph

Hi all,

I have an interesting chart that I need to create for a client.

-Like this one, as done in excel.

buffer.jpg

I currently have this expression which I use to create the background colours, in a straight-table for each cell value (Buffer Target %)

=

if((sum([Safety stock]) - Sum([Stock on Hand Quantity]))/sum([Safety stock]) <-0.00001

RGB(0,128,255) //Blue

,IF((sum([Safety stock]) - Sum([Stock on Hand Quantity]))/sum([Safety stock]) <= 0.33

RGB(0,255,0) //Green

,IF((sum([Safety stock]) - Sum([Stock on Hand Quantity]))/sum([Safety stock]) <= 0.67

RGB(255,255,138) //Yellow

,IF((sum([Safety stock]) - Sum([Stock on Hand Quantity]))/sum([Safety stock]) <= 1

RGB(255,128,128)//Red

,RGB(0,0,0)//Black

)

)

)

)             

So,  this could be used to create the background colours on the chart.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

He,

It's not exactly clear what you're trying to achieve. But it seems to me that you have to layer objects above each other.

For eg. make a stacked bar chart, which shows the back ground color. You should fiddle with the bar distance and cluster distance.

Create a second transparant line graph and layer it on top of the other graph. With the same size. Remove the x-as and hide the y axis from this chart. By using ctr-shift you can change the size of the data part of the graph to mach the size of the bar graph.

I couldn't come up with a way to inverse the y-axis. Maybe somebody else has an idea for that.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! I'll give that shot.