Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide entire row if one expression is null

Hi Guys.

I'm trying ti figure out how to hide entire row in straight table if i get one expression null.

I have one dimension and multiple expressions and expression calculations depend on each other. One expression Values I convert to Null if it doesn't  require my if statement and i want to hide those rows which have null.

Ofcourse simple sollution where i have to tocj supress zero values doesn't work because other expression are not null. Can anyone give me an advice?

jja

5 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You will have to make the other columns 0 as well to suppress the row. Let's assume that you want to suppress the row if the first expression value is zero, then use this structure for all the other expressions:

=If(Column(1) = 0, 0, <original expression>)

or, for nulls:

=If(Len(Column(1)) > 0, <original expression>)

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

I can't do that because the expressions have to evaluate entire set of column values and gives the values addition flags in other expressions. If i do that i will get wrong flags and my final calculation will get wrong value

adnan_rafiq
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

You can create two column in that case evaluate value in 1. and then write expression

if(Column(1)>0, column(5))

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this, this is the only way

=If(Column(1) >0, <Your Expression>)

Or

=If([Expression to Compare] >0, <Your Expression>)

This is the only possible way, you have to check like this for all your variables.

Regards,

jagan.

Not applicable
Author

But in this case i will anyway have not null values in original column expressions.

I'm attaching a sample file maybe some of you will have an idea. See Straight table A flagging values. I want to leave those records with A values only. O could ofcourse do that making a select box by values but the problem is that i have to create A, B and C values separate tables so that the original Profit value table and all these 3 tables with values are visible at once