Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide some legends in Bar Chart based on set analysis

I’m trying to get a bar chart legend to only show the legend if there is a valid entry for that month.

There are five expressions like this:      =Sum({<Month>}CostsP5)/Sum({<Month>}Costs)

And the Label for each is like:

=NameP5

I’ve tried changing the label to:      =If(Len(NameP5)>0,NameP5,'')

Any ideas?

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

But we do see Grey and other colors in the chart, shouldn't the legend show this info? May be try this

=Only({<Month>} NameP5)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

They are, but the projects can change over the year so that Project 2 in February will be different from Project 2 in November. I only want to show the legend for projects running in the current month, but leave the chart showing all projects.

sunny_talwar

I think this might be challenging to do it this way... can you may be do this with 2 dimensions and 1 expression, instead of 1 dimension and 5 expressions?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The data looks something like this:

MonthYearProgramme 1Programme 2Programme 3Programme 4Programme 5Costs Programme 1Costs Programme 2Costs Programme 3Costs Programme 4Costs Programme 5
Jan-18AJHSRNCPRPNOct10050201010
Feb-18AJHSRNCPRPNOct8020702020
Mar-18Project 1AJHBBJ 602010
Apr-18Project 1AJH 12030
May-18Project 1 150
Jun-18
Jul-18
sunny_talwar

And do you use CrossTable load to transform your data?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We don't. There's a lot more on each line, although a lot of them are also broken down by Programme.