Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide values from displaying in a table?

Hi all -

I have a table displaying data from a number of fields.  There is are a few values in one of the fields that I would like to hide.  I don't want to get rid of them as they are used in other areas of the app, but for this particular table it would be great to hide them.  Is there a way to do this?  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sure, you can do this with set analysis in the expressions. For example: sum({<Product-={'Shoes','Hats'}>} Sales). This will cause Shoes and Hats to not be displayed as dimensions. QlikView will underline this syntax is red, but it is correct. If the syntax check bothers you, here's an alternative: sum({<Product=E({<Product={'Shoes','Hats'}>}Product)>} Sales)

Regards,

Vlad

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sure, you can do this with set analysis in the expressions. For example: sum({<Product-={'Shoes','Hats'}>} Sales). This will cause Shoes and Hats to not be displayed as dimensions. QlikView will underline this syntax is red, but it is correct. If the syntax check bothers you, here's an alternative: sum({<Product=E({<Product={'Shoes','Hats'}>}Product)>} Sales)

Regards,

Vlad

maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe setting null() the values you want hide

if(match(expression, ..., ..., .....), null(), expression)

if(RowNo(Total)>10 and RowNo(Total)<13, null(), RowNo(Total))

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Massimo, calculated dimensions should typically be avoided unless absolutely necessary, as they tend to have a detrimental effect on application performance. If something can be accomplished with set analysis, that's preferable.

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Vlad, this looks to have worked!  Thank you!  One question though - I have six expressions (Total, FY14, FY15, FY16, FY17, FY18) and I only applied the set analysis modified to Total, which seems to have hidden the offending lines.  Is there any reason I should apply the modifier to FY14-FY18 as well?

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Technically you only need to apply it to the "offending" expressions (the ones that would cause a non-zero and non-null value to be returned). Depending on how many values you're excluding, you may achieve a small performance improvement by applying this to all expressions.

Vlad

Not applicable
Author

Got it.  Thank you Vlad!