Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m4u
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hiding totals when collapsed for certain fields

Hello

I have a pivot table displaying timesheet entries for employees. The timesheet is a table containing multiple entries per date per employee along with all its details. The pivot groups it by departments, employee and date and shows various expressions(lowest level is the date). Two of those expressions are start time and end time - which is calculated as MIN(FromTime) and MAX(ToTime).

When the pivot is fully expanded (row per date) this is what I want. However, when collapsing it to the employee level (meaning, grouping several dates under it), it still shows the expression - but it's value has no meaning. How can I supress those values on all levels besides the date level?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi

You might want to take a look at the dimensionality-function.
If you use an expression like if(dimensionality() = 2, min(field)) the expression will only be calculated if 2 dimensions are shown.

/Fredrik

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi

You might want to take a look at the dimensionality-function.
If you use an expression like if(dimensionality() = 2, min(field)) the expression will only be calculated if 2 dimensions are shown.

/Fredrik

m4u
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks

Exactly what I was looking for