Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How can I display the total of a calculated field ?

Hi !

I have 2 tables :

[CODE]
Sales:
LOAD * INLINE [
Prod, Qtt
A, 10
A, 10
B, 15
C, 20
];
[/CODE]

and

[CODE]
Prices:
LOAD * INLINE [
Prod, Price
A, 0.90
B, 1
C, 0.50
];
[/CODE]

I want to display a chart with the total Qtt and the total Qtt*Price

The total Qtt is OK, but the total "Qtt * Price" displays a "-".

error loading image

Is there a way to display this total without make the multiplication while loading ? (I have in fact more dimensions that are not compatible with an inline multiplication)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

This looks like a problem I encountered before because QlikView cannot figure out what to display in the Totals. Do you want the Totals to display SUM or AVG or something else.You have to use the AGGR() function to solve the problem. I think the syntax is

SUM(AGGR(SUM(Qtt)*ONLY(Price), Prod))

OR

AVG(AGGR(SUM(Qtt)*ONLY(Price), Prod))

There is a very good film clip showing how to do AGGR() functions - I will try to find it and post it on the forum

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

If you want to see the total of =sum(Qtt)*only(Price) , there's a radiobutton called Sum of Rows (inside the Total Mode panel)

That should do it.

Steve

Not applicable
Author

Why all this items are unavailable in my window ?

I'm using QlikView for Windows, version 9.00.7320.7 SR2.

Not applicable
Author

Probably because you are using a Pivot table rather than a straight table, for some reason you cannot control the totals on a pivot table.

Not applicable
Author

What if I want to display sub-totals, instead of only totals ? (if I have more than 1 dimension)

Let's say that I have a dimension "category" :

Sales:
LOAD * INLINE [
Prod, Qtt
Orange, 10
Orange, 10
Apple, 15
Salad, 20
];

Prices:
LOAD * INLINE [
Prod, Price
Orange, 0.90
Apple, 1
Salad, 0.50
];

Categories:
LOAD * INLINE [
Prod, Categ
Orange, Fruit
Apple, Fruit
Salad, Vegetable
];

I would like the subtotal by category (for displaying a bar chart for instance) :

Not applicable
Author

This looks like a problem I encountered before because QlikView cannot figure out what to display in the Totals. Do you want the Totals to display SUM or AVG or something else.You have to use the AGGR() function to solve the problem. I think the syntax is

SUM(AGGR(SUM(Qtt)*ONLY(Price), Prod))

OR

AVG(AGGR(SUM(Qtt)*ONLY(Price), Prod))

There is a very good film clip showing how to do AGGR() functions - I will try to find it and post it on the forum

Not applicable
Author

Thank you !

I can have my total with the "aggr" function.