Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can i reduce and open the File which is out of logical Memory

Hi I have applied the condition in level 1 QVW file for Reducing  the Data and Reloaded.

But how can i reload the Data in QVW2 File with the Condition which i applied in QVW1.(Becoz I cant open it for out of logical Memory)

Very Urgent ,Kindly Do Needful

stalwar1marcowedeldevarasu07kaushik.solankimarcus_sommer

5 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Have you tried like this way?

Capture.JPG

also check this article

Data Reduction – Yes, but How?

Reduce ‒ QlikView

Thanks,
Deva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi I have to work on my Local Machine , It is working Fine in Prod ,I have taken the copy of the File to Work on the Prod Issue ,is it possible to reduce the Data in the Level 2 file without QMC Reload.

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Yes we can do that.

Method 1:

try to select the value which u wanted to filter and then go to menu bar--> file  --> reduce data -->select keep possible value and then save as new app.

Untitled.jpg

note: whenever you reload then it revert back original state (all value will be there)

method 2:  if you wish to apply permanently then try to apply in your script where clause

method 3: from the base app1 (data filter applied one) simply use binary load and then u can add your new source

method 4: using command line we can able to ope the app without data.

try like this in your windows command

C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe /nodata C:\Folder\File.qvw 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This Option will Be Enable after opening the File ,But Due to Larger Memory i cant able to open that

Kindly Do Needful

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

also there is a one more option

method 5: u can open app without data using command line and recent file or favorites

1) via windows command

Untitled.jpg

2) from qlikview recent file or favorites menu

Untitled.jpg