Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How could I place an "IF" condition if the registers are into another field?

Hi, every body,

I have 2 fields,

Table 1:

Material_Estructuras

Table 2:

Material_Rutas

I want to sum sales only of the registers from the field "Material_Rutas" that are also in the field "Material_Estructuras"

How could I place an "IF" condition ?

Thanks!!

6 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm unclear what you're asking for.  If you want a chart expression, maybe this?

sum({<Material_Rutas*=P(Material_Estructuras)>} Sales)

Not applicable
Author

Hi John thanks for your quick answer,

I have 2 tables,  all my registers from my field "Material_Estructuras" are into the field "Material_Rutas"  I need to sum their values but just the ones that are into the field "Material_Rutas".

Table 1:

Material_Estructuras

Table 2:

Material_Rutas

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi javierortiz,

Have you tried to use John's proposed solution? Logically it should work with "*" and P(). In Set Analysis "*" refers to intersection and P() refers to Possible Values.

Please post an example if the above expression does not work.

Good luck and have a good weekend.

Cheers - DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi  DV I used john´s expresion but the totals did not match, I posted the app, could you guys please check it out and see if something is wrong even with the Data Model?

I really appreciate your time and help.

Thanks!!

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi javierortiz,

I am using personal edition at home. I'll look into this tomorrow (Monday) at work. Meanwhile, if John or others can help, that will be great.

Cheers - DV

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't know what numbers you want to see.  All I know is that you don't want what I gave you (it returns 0).  That's not much information.  I can't help you.