Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jens
Contributor II
Contributor II

How do I format a number in QlikView?

Hi,

I'am working at a Qlik View App. In the prestep before displaying the data I need to do some calculation with the values in the QVD. When I'm importing the values I want to multiply every value with 100, but it isn't working. 

LOAD 
(NUMBER*100) AS TEST,

FROM [....... my direction 🙂 ] (qvd);

I think the problem are the number format in the QVD. The decimal number are formatted with a "." like:

67.78, 123.67, 89.0

If the number is 0 it will correctly multiplied. In my other Qlik projects I've build are the numbers formatted with a "," instead of ".". Are you having any ideas?

Greeting 🙂

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
timothyj
Creator
Creator

Have you tried changing the decimal symbol on in the script? In your main script page, you should see this: 

SET DecimalSep='.';

If yours is set to ',' it probably will not recognize the '.' as a decimal.

Or you could try to change it from '.' to ',' in the data load.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Check that the field in question is recognized as numeric (you can do this by clicking it in the Data Model Viewer, or you can load it as num(NUMBER) as NUMBER and see if it keeps its values). If it is not recognized as a number, you'll have to use num#() to convert it before you can perform any mathematical/numeric calculations.

timothyj
Creator
Creator

Have you tried changing the decimal symbol on in the script? In your main script page, you should see this: 

SET DecimalSep='.';

If yours is set to ',' it probably will not recognize the '.' as a decimal.

Or you could try to change it from '.' to ',' in the data load.

Jens
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks! Now it is working. Everything fine!