Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I keep months from disappearing from a bar chart?

I have a bar chart with months going from left to right. Showing "resource effort" by month.

When I filter on one project, the month of January disappears from the bar chart, because there are no resources assigned to that project for January. I would like to keep January in the chart, how do I do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

Also in Dimension tab flag "Show All Values" and "Suppress ...."

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

It usually means you've no data to represent for the Month of Jan.

You can show Jan Month but it will be a 0

Uncheck the Suppress Zero Values in Presentation Tab, it will show Jan but with no bar or line.

Spend.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is that box checked by default? Mine is unchecked already. I should add my underlying data in excel doesn't have January in the "calendar month" column when filter on that one project. Is that why Qlik isn't showing January when I filter on that project. None the less i'd like it to appear on the bar chart even if it has zero data in Qlik.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

Also in Dimension tab flag "Show All Values" and "Suppress ...."

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Yes it is by default and if you do not have Month January in data/calendar then I don't think you'll see Jan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, but remember, January appears when everything is unfiltered, because some projects have January. If i look at my excel spreadsheet unfiltered I see January. So continuing in excel, if I filter on project XYZ, January disappears in excel.

There is no way to keep january from disappearing in qlikview if I filter on XYZ? Because thats how it behaves in my excel file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this worked. thank you.