Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I link 2 datefields?

Hi there, i am a quite a QV newbie, just starting to make my new dashboards. But now I have a problem:

I have 2 queries, and i want to keep them separated (no joins in the query preferably)

• 1 query is for new customers
  • 1 query is for new subscribers (when you are a customers, you are no subscriber)
  • I have 3 countries, DE, PL and IE.

I have a dashboard (see image on the bottom). On the left I have monthnumbers, but I want them to connect.

When i click on 12 in the upper field, I also want the 12 in the bottom field to be selected. Or perhaps have them in one field!

Is this possible?

Another problem i have when i want to combine the 2 graphs, i use

sum(if(monthcust=monthsub,customers+subscribers))/3.

The 3 on the end is to get the right results (3 countries), a bit stupid but it works.

I would rather have it stacked by the way, now its 1 blue graph, but I prefer email onlies and customers to be separated but in 1 graph..

Possible as well? thanks!

Ps. these are my queries:

#subscribers

SELECT

MONTH(s.added) AS monthsub,

dicsub.iso2 AS countrysub,

SUM(CASE WHEN (s.customer_id=0) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS subscribers

FROM subscriber s

JOIN variant v

ON v.id = s.variant_id

JOIN dic_country dicsub

ON dicsub.id = v.country_id

GROUP BY MONTH(s.added),dicsub.id;

# customers

SELECT

MONTH(c.date_register) AS monthcust,

diccust.iso2 AS countrycust,

COUNT(c.id)  AS customers

FROM customer c

JOIN dic_country diccust

ON diccust.id = c.id_country

GROUP BY MONTH(c.date_register),diccust.id;

qv.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

make their alias the same name so instead of monthsub and monthcust call them monthconcat both

Then they will link to each other, and then i think they would refer to each other.. try that.

and then select monthconcat to the left instead and use monthconcat as dimensions in your charts instead

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

make their alias the same name so instead of monthsub and monthcust call them monthconcat both

Then they will link to each other, and then i think they would refer to each other.. try that.

and then select monthconcat to the left instead and use monthconcat as dimensions in your charts instead

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! works great