Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Calculate Expression Values for non-selected dimension in a Listbox?

Hi All,

I am stuck at a very unique situation. Tried reading a lot about this but to no avail. Finally decided to post this here, hoping that some one might have faced this issue before.

I have a Listbox, in which the Dimension(which is an Expression), and I have some other metrics being calculated for this specific Dimension. Now as we all know , a property of Listbox is that when we select a value, it gets highlighted in green and all other values are still visible (but are greyed), now here is my problem.

The metrics (other expressions) are not being calculated for non-selected values. Basically, I get values only for the primary dimension not the other metrics. I hope it's clear, I have also added screenshots to tey and explain this better.

Hoping for a quick resolution.

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Actually I am doing a resident load from some other dataset which exists. My constraint is that I should not be defining new variables in the script (I know right!). So is this possible with just expressions?

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

try like this:

if(count({<[Organization ID]=,Plantrack={'C'}......your expression

hope it works.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
Not applicable
Author

I tried what you had mentioned as follows :

=If(count({<[Organization ID]=,PlanTrack_R12={'C'},PlanTrack.Sales={">0"},[Sold To Opt Out Flag]={"N"}>}[PlanTrack.MDM ID]) >0, [Organization Name]

& '(' &

count(Distinct{<[Organization ID]=,PlanTrack_R12={'C'},PlanTrack.Sales={">0"},[Sold To Opt Out Flag]={"N"}>}[PlanTrack.MDM ID])

& ')',0)

Now the problem is only the second part of the expression is working (so I am only getting the count like (10) (25) etc), 1st part isn't working!