Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III

How to Calculate the percentage of a month compared to Whole year ?

Hi to all ,

i need to do a Calculation of the percentage of the month ( or quarter ) compared to whole year -  OR in other words a comparison of the current level compared to the upper level (or one level above).

i need also to see the two levels at once on the chart,  It should look something like this:PP PRCNT.PNG

you can see the percentage of Q1 from year 2010 is : 855/209 = 4.0909

you can see the percentage of JAN from year 2010 is : 370/209 = 1.770 

and so on ..     ( I know it seems odd when the quarter / month are greater from summary of whole year, but these are the data).

thanks , and with hope that someone can help us - much appreciation.

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you have a calendar hierarchy in your data model, that is Month can be aggregated to Quarters and Quarters to Years,

you should be able to use something like

=Sum(Value) / Sum(TOTAL<Year> Value)

if your dimensions are e.g. Year and Month (or Quarter), i.e. look into the TOTAL qualifier with a field list.

But your data does not seem to work this way, so you need to explain your data model.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It looks like your totals are the same as the last child period (ie Year = Q4, Q1 = M3).Therefore these are not really totals -- do the percentages actually mean anything?

But as swuehl said, you need to provide more information for more specific help.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein