Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create Headers in a pivot table and Bold borders

Hi,

I would like to create a pivot table in qlikivew where I can:

1. Create a header for a grouping of the headers

2. Have different colours per section

3. Have specific borders in bold.

See picture below.

I would appriciate help on any of these three items.

Betul

AR.bmp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Specific borders in bold> try setting your styling mode to advanced, turning the design grid on then right clicking on the cell and choosing 'custom format cell'

The same might work for the colours, or use the background colour options on the dimensions and expressions

adding the header isn't so easy but you can mess around with text boxes etc for a simple solution, or you add your grouping as a new dimension in the system (you can use valuelist), then add this to the pivot as well, you obviously then need to use some logic to figure out which expression goes under which heading... its faffy but do-able

View solution in original post

6 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Specific borders in bold> try setting your styling mode to advanced, turning the design grid on then right clicking on the cell and choosing 'custom format cell'

The same might work for the colours, or use the background colour options on the dimensions and expressions

adding the header isn't so easy but you can mess around with text boxes etc for a simple solution, or you add your grouping as a new dimension in the system (you can use valuelist), then add this to the pivot as well, you obviously then need to use some logic to figure out which expression goes under which heading... its faffy but do-able

pipuindia99
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Go to settings, click User preferences and then go to design tab. there you will find a check box called 'Always show design menu items'. check it

then when you come to pivot table, just right click, you will find an option called 'Custom format cell'. when you click it... it will show the selected cell there you can choose the color and borders for each cell. and also font size and style as well. after selecting all click on apply button.

Hope this helps for you...

pipuindia99
Creator III
Creator III

Is that worked for you?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Prabhu, thank you for your reply. However if I do this for the headers all headers change. I want to be able to change the colour of the background in individual headers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

unfortunately not what I was after, no.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam, thank you for your reply. I have done the solution with the text boxes even though it isn't great, I agree. Shame there isn't something more straight forward for Pivot tables.