Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create a 'one-click-'report based on different selections

Hello,

I want to create a report which should contain different data-selections, i.e. with different bookmarks.

The report should launch all selections like in a batch-run, so that I do not have to do more than

launching it.

Is this possible and if yes, what do I have to do to realise it?

Thanks in advance and best regards...

Frank

3 Replies
jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Frank,

you could try using OnOpenDocument triggers. You will have to come up with intelligent ways to make the right selections (e.g functions such as max to select the newest dates etc.)

Regards, Jakob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jakob,

thanks for your fast reply.. Could you explain to in detail your solution with the triggers and give me an example?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Frank

jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Frank,

under document properties, you can activate triggers.

If you would like specific selections to be made, you can add actions to these triggers.

For example:

- Add a Select in Field Action to the onOpen trigger. Imagine you had data, where you would always need the newest date to be displayed automatically. If you have a field named "Date" with the format DD.MM.YYYY your select in field trigger should have something like the following to select the newest available date:

Trigger: OnOpen

Action: Select in Field

Field: Date

Search String: =max(date(Date)) (that would result in '21.06.2012' in my case)

Hence, this trigger would cause the latest date in you application to be automatically selected.

Now you could go further, adding further triggers for specific selections.

Hope this helps you out further,

Jakob

PS. A newbie trick to develop the correct search string would always be to test your search strings somewhere else - such as in a text box. Like I said before, =max(date(Date)) that would give me '21.06.2012'. Getting dates correct is always a tricky subject 🙂