Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to custom the position of error message in chart

I have included a custom message for a chart as "Please refine your selections to include less data. To view this object, the # of rows should be less than 100,000.". I need to position this custom message to the left most of the chart rather displaying in the center as default.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In the chart set options/layout/

set show condition the same condition as in calculation condition.

Then create a text object with message as in cacluation message and set the show condition in opposite to the chart show condition.

In title:

=if(Count([Trans No]&[Tran Seq])<=65000,'Object title','Please refine your selections to include less data. To view this object, the # of rows should be less than 100,000.')

View solution in original post

3 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hello,

as I know, it is not possible to define the position.

My options are:

- Do not declare the option as calculation option but as object show option and show in case of not fulfilled show a - textobejct with the message

- ohter idea is to show the message in the object header. If fulfilled show object title, otherwise error message.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

- Do not declare the option as calculation option but as object show option and show in case of not fulfilled show a - textobejct with the message

How to do this?

other idea is to show the message in the object header. If fulfilled show object title, otherwise error message

My calculation condition is =if(Count([Trans No]&[Tran Seq])<=65000,1,0). How to show the message in object header

Thanks

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

In the chart set options/layout/

set show condition the same condition as in calculation condition.

Then create a text object with message as in cacluation message and set the show condition in opposite to the chart show condition.

In title:

=if(Count([Trans No]&[Tran Seq])<=65000,'Object title','Please refine your selections to include less data. To view this object, the # of rows should be less than 100,000.')