Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Save previous reload without using QVDs

Dear

I got a QVW document

the reload is successful and now I got a schema with 2 tables table1 and table2

on the next reload I want to check if there exists rows in table1 and table2

it seems that reload will start from scratch;

is there a way to keep previously loaded tables for the next reload without using QVDs?

I can walk on water when it freezes
5 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

If you don't want to save and reload from QVD's then your best option could be to use a binary load.

But why not save the data into QVD's - they are fast, compact and simple?

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Because qvds will contain sensitive data

and I don't want the QlikView server administrator to see this data

for he can download qlikview client for free and read data from the qvds

I'm actually saving the data in a qvw with section access then the qvw that will contain charts binary loads from that qvw

I can walk on water when it freezes
Not applicable

Another option is to perform a partial load. The existing tables will not be dropped during the reload but you will need to modify your load scripts to use ADD or REPLACE in your load statements.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel? Use QVDs, make sure all loads are optimized so the reload time is minimal.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

My suggestion would then be to give the responsibility of the reloads to a user account that can be given access to the sensitive data (eg a trusted user or a service account under the control of a trusted user), and store the data in a QVD that is saved to a folder properly secured using AD access control so that only the trusted account can read the QVDs.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein