Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siva_boggarapu
Creator II
Creator II

How to display sheet name in text box?

Hi All,

I have ten sheets in my QVW application. I have a requirement to show each sheet name to show in one Text box. Is there any way to show Sheet name into text box

I know GetsheetId() funtion. But it is displaying sheetId. But I want to show sheet name. Please do the needful

Thanks,

Siva

8 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

GetActiveSheetId()

Not applicable

Hi,

May be you can replace sheetId with SheetName and then you can use GetActiveSheetId() function in text object

Not applicable

I am having the same issue as the original poster and I'm wondering if a bump might get someone to provide an answer to this.

I do NOT want GetActiveSheetId() - I want to be able to access the SheetID for any sheet, not just the active sheet.  I cannot find anything that will let me access that value.  For example, I want to set the Title of the sheet to be equal to the SheetID for each sheet... if I use GetActiveSheetId() then all of the tabs show the ID for the active sheet but I want all the tabs to show the ID for that sheet.

If anyone has any idea how to access the SheetID value without using GetActiveSheetId() I would very much appreciate it.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Why do you want to make this a programmatic setting? The Sheet Id is a static value that won't change by itself. Once you set the Sheet title to the same value, it stays like that. You'll have to do this only once (please don't tell me that your document contains 100+ sheets )

Not applicable

I am creating an app (see attached) that takes screenshots of graphs that show throughput for each production line so they can be displayed on a big screen in the plant.  Each line has it's own sheet, all with the same chart that uses set analysis to limit the data on the chart to only that line's data.  As we incorporate more production lines I would like to automate the process as much as possible and limit potential errors.  My idea was to replace the hard coded line number on the chart in the expression (set analysis) and chart title with a reference to the SheetID for the sheet that the chart resides in, and also to do the same for the Sheet Title so I only have to update one field and all the other fields get updated automatically whenever I create a new sheet for a new line.

There is an OnReload macro that creates the screenshot of the graph and saves a jpg in a folder.  I couldn't find a better way to do this and it suits my needs.

Thanks,

Tom

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The lots-o-sheets angle then.

If it's just screenshots you're after, an alternative approach may be to create a single sheet with a single graph and an always-one-selected listbox with line identifiers. The set expression of the chart and the various titles and headings use the current selection of the listbox in their output. Using a tweaked OnReload macro or a value animation (at last, a sensible application of chart animations !) you can walk the different line id values and take snapshots or just display them.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Now that I think of it: couldn't you simply expand the OnReload macro so that the first thing it does before anything else is to walk the list of available sheets and set the Sheet Title to the Sheet ID for every individual sheet?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Add a text object and add the following

2015-01-10_1220.png