Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vengadeshpalani
Creator
Creator

How to handle TWO Condition check for Optimized Loading

Hi all

I have 1 billion records in Fact.qvd I want load QVD as the Optimized format but I need to check two conditions how I want to handle this?

load Date

from Qvd;

load ID

from Qvd;

Fact:

load Date,

ID,

some Other fields

from fact.qvd where Exist (Date) and Exist (ID);

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You could use two load-steps - the first one optimized with one where exists() and a second resident-load with the other where exists() - the stronger filter should be applied first. I could imagine that it could be significantly faster than an unoptimized load and mybe it's sufficient for your task. Otherwise you will need to go with the suggestion from Peter.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Can you concatenate Date and ID in your datamodel?

vengadeshpalani
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for response

I use existing QVD if I want to update, it takes 30 hours.

do you have any alternate solution?

marcus_sommer

You could use two load-steps - the first one optimized with one where exists() and a second resident-load with the other where exists() - the stronger filter should be applied first. I could imagine that it could be significantly faster than an unoptimized load and mybe it's sufficient for your task. Otherwise you will need to go with the suggestion from Peter.

- Marcus

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you load 2 different table, May be Nullify can fetch. So, You need to understand the difference b/w Join and Concatenate.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful