Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashis
Creator III
Creator III

How to ignore null in the expression

Hi,

In my data source I have column Parent1, Parent2,Parent3,Parent4 . The value of this column sometime null when there is no Parent .

I have one gantt chart where I am trying the following expression,

=aggr(max(Endtime)-min(Starttime),JOBNAME,Parent1,Parent2=,Parent3=,Parent4😃 (similarly I have 5 expressions)

It works fine if all the coulumns such as Parent1, Parent2,Parent3,Parent4 have value , but it does not work when there is null value for any of the Parent. It shows no data.

How to write expression such a way that it would ignore if parent is null.

Thank you,

6 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share your app if possible to look into? When you say Null you mean you are getting - dashes or empty strings? May be you can try like below or you might have to write the expressions calculated dimensions.

= IF(Len(Trim(Parent1)) = 0 OR Len(Trim(Parent2)) = 0 OR Len(Trim(Parent3)) = 0 OR Len(Trim(Parent4) = 0, aggr(max(Endtime)-min(Starttime),JOBNAME,Parent1,Parent2,Parent3,Parent4))

OR try like

=aggr(max({<Parent1 = {"*"} ,Parent2 = {"*"},Parent3 = {"*"}, Parent4 = {"*"}>} Endtime) - min({<Parent1 = {"*"} ,Parent2 = {"*"},Parent3 = {"*"}, Parent4 = {"*"}>}Starttime),JOBNAME,Parent1,Parent2,Parent3,Parent4)

niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

=aggr(max(Endtime)-min(Starttime),JOBNAME,Alt(Parent1,0),Alt(Parent2,0),Alt(Parent3,0),Alt(Parent4,0))

ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi , thank you for your reply.

I tried your expression however it did not work.

I did not try calculated dimension though.

ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Niclas,

I want to aggregate if there is not null value. I tried your expression , but it did not work.

ashis
Creator III
Creator III
Author

When I say null , after reloading the data in qlikview , I do not see any string ,it is blank in the straight table.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Try in calculated dimension if not can you share your app with just that pivot table sheet?