Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to link an input box with an existing list box column?

Dear Experts,

I have a list box with columns (item,period(mon-yy),price). Trying to make a line chart showing price variance for the given period. As we have more than 50000 items, the search option in the list box taking long time to fetch. So we thought of having an input box and link it to the item column in the list box. We wanted to see the result of the item which entered in the input box.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Saravanan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

1. Create one variable vInput. Use that variable in Input box.

2. Go to Document settings--> Triggers --> Variable Event Trigger

3. Select vInput varible. add Action.

4. Select in field.

Add Product in field

Add =vInput in search field.

Hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
its_anandrjs

In the list box >> properties >> Expression >> you can type like =if(ModelID = vInput , ModelID)

and make a variable before like vInput , and in input box use this variable for input values when you input any value there the value get effected in the list box.

arjunkrishnan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hai Frd ,

Use INPUTFIELD FieldName In BackEnd And Call Him in Your List Box;

See This qvw Vry Useful to u

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anand,

I just followed your action plan. But the charts attached to the list box are not getting changed when I change part number in the input box. Any setup missing?

Thanks,

Saravanan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Arjun,

I am unable to open the file due to error message in the attachment.

its_anandrjs

Try a expression in list box like

=if(YourListBoxFieldNameHere= $(vInput) , YourListBoxFieldNameHere)

Not applicable
Author

Like this ?

Not applicable
Author

After changing the expression as given above, still the result is same. No changes in the charts & list box after enter a new part number in the input box.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ravi,

I am unable to open other qvw files due to below error. Instead, Could you please provide the steps to achieve my requirement?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This QlikView document was created by another QlikView Personal Edition user or on another computer. As a QlikView Personal Edition user, you may only open files that you have created on this computer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its_anandrjs

If you want to do this with the Input field it is also a way of doing this then try this code

Eg:-

INPUTFIELD Sales;

LOAD * Inline

[

Sales

];

When you load this you are able to change value in list box.