Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

How to load data from sharepoint which needs authentication?

Hi All

How to load data from sharepoint which needs authentication?

Thanks,

Qlikview Forum

16 Replies
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

No luck to get any solution on this. Keep me update about your progress on this!

Thanks,

qvforum

Not applicable

Hi,

I have similar requirement across my organisation.

As I understand, Qlikview uses the IE authentication model - so if you can access your SharePoint site without a sign-on then you can also get list data from a script using owssvr method.

Assuming you are using AD authentication to the SharePoint server.

If your PC is on the same domain as that used for SharePoint authentication, just add your SharePoint site to the "Local Intranet" zone in IE.

If your PC is not in the same domain, you will also need to authenticate and make sure you check the 'remember password'. This will store your credentials in the windows Credentials Manager.

hope this helps.

Not applicable

Hi All,

we have a similar issue, that is when we try to access a web xml file through the File Wizard (xml type).

it returns "access denied" in the prod environment while we correctly see the xml data in the test environment.

we already set the source web site as "trusted" in IE for both the environments

which other check can we do to solve the issue?

Many thanks.

Francesco

gizzel123
Creator
Creator

Hi,

I am also trying to do the same.

It works when I open the sharepoint using qlikview as a browser, by :

FILE<OPEN URL.

is there any way to do it??

Not applicable

Not applicable

Hello.

You can use an external command like curl to download the file:

curl.exe https://mysharepointserver/site/page/file123.csv -k -u user:pass >> C:\TempFolder\downloaded_file123.cvs

Regards.

rimantasendriuk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Not sure what specifically you mean by "needs authentication", but... I hope you mean your SharePoint requires username/password, and your QlikView document reload script needs to provide them, because reload is done by some process which does not have SharePoint access (over SSO, for example).

You can simply add username/password to the URL (as defined in URL protocol syntax specification):

LOAD ...

FROM [http://username:password@share_pont_server/site_name/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?Cmd=Display&XMLDATA=1&RowLimit=0&List={...}]