Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to load multiple lines into the same rows using load * Inline

Hi All,

How to create a field with multiple lines in the same row using load * inline.

For example

I want to create something like following:

I want to create the following log table

RowDateShopping List
12016/01/01

Started creating the application

22016/01/02

Added the following reports:

- Customer Contact Listing

- Sales Contact Listing

- Sale Contact customer frequency

32016/01/03

Added the following dashboard

- This Audit Log table to keep track the changes of the application

- Customer Order report

- Customer Revenue generated report

Do you know how can I insert special characters like new line or tab into the report?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

or maybe using some replace, in the example @@ for newline; replace can be nested

Table:

LOAD F1,

F2,

replace(F3, '@@', chr(10)) as F3

INLINE [

F1, F2, F3

1, 2016/01/01, Started creating the application

2, 2016/01/02, Added the following reports: @@ - Customer Contact Listing @@ - Sales Contact Listing @@ - Sale Contact customer frequency

3, 2016/01/03, Added the following dashboard  @@  - This Audit Log table to keep track the changes of the application  @@  - Customer Order report  @@  - Customer Revenue generated report    

];

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Table:

LOAD F1,

F2,

Evaluate(F3) as F3

INLINE [

F1, F2, F3

1, 2016/01/01, "'Started creating the application'"

2, 2016/01/02, "'Added the following reports:' & Chr(10) & '- Customer Contact Listing' & Chr(10) & '- Sales Contact Listing' & Chr(10) & '- Sale Contact customer frequency'" 

3, 2016/01/03, "'Added the following dashboard' & Chr(10) & '- This Audit Log table to keep track the changes of the application' & Chr(10) & '- Customer Order report' & Chr(10) & '- Customer Revenue generated report'"     

];

Capture.PNG

maxgro
MVP
MVP

or maybe using some replace, in the example @@ for newline; replace can be nested

Table:

LOAD F1,

F2,

replace(F3, '@@', chr(10)) as F3

INLINE [

F1, F2, F3

1, 2016/01/01, Started creating the application

2, 2016/01/02, Added the following reports: @@ - Customer Contact Listing @@ - Sales Contact Listing @@ - Sale Contact customer frequency

3, 2016/01/03, Added the following dashboard  @@  - This Audit Log table to keep track the changes of the application  @@  - Customer Order report  @@  - Customer Revenue generated report    

];

Not applicable
Author

Sunny and Maxgro,

Thanks for all your response.

I tried both and both answer is correct. Maxgro, as your solution appears easier to use, I used your solution.

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

Your solution also inspired me how to solve my other problem in a better way.

A Big Thanks You to you!

sunny_talwar

Great, I am glad we were able to help you resolve your problem. In the process I learned a new technique of doing this from maxgro‌. So thanks to you and Maxgro as well