Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to load multiple lines into the same rows using load * Inline

Hi All,

How to create a field with multiple lines in the same row using load * inline.

For example

I want to create something like following:

I want to create the following log table

RowDateShopping List
12016/01/01

Started creating the application

22016/01/02

Added the following reports:

- Customer Contact Listing

- Sales Contact Listing

- Sale Contact customer frequency

32016/01/03

Added the following dashboard

- This Audit Log table to keep track the changes of the application

- Customer Order report

- Customer Revenue generated report

Do you know how can I insert special characters like new line or tab into the report?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

or maybe using some replace, in the example @@ for newline; replace can be nested

Table:

LOAD F1,

F2,

replace(F3, '@@', chr(10)) as F3

INLINE [

F1, F2, F3

1, 2016/01/01, Started creating the application

2, 2016/01/02, Added the following reports: @@ - Customer Contact Listing @@ - Sales Contact Listing @@ - Sale Contact customer frequency

3, 2016/01/03, Added the following dashboard  @@  - This Audit Log table to keep track the changes of the application  @@  - Customer Order report  @@  - Customer Revenue generated report    

];

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Table:

LOAD F1,

F2,

Evaluate(F3) as F3

INLINE [

F1, F2, F3

1, 2016/01/01, "'Started creating the application'"

2, 2016/01/02, "'Added the following reports:' & Chr(10) & '- Customer Contact Listing' & Chr(10) & '- Sales Contact Listing' & Chr(10) & '- Sale Contact customer frequency'" 

3, 2016/01/03, "'Added the following dashboard' & Chr(10) & '- This Audit Log table to keep track the changes of the application' & Chr(10) & '- Customer Order report' & Chr(10) & '- Customer Revenue generated report'"     

];

Capture.PNG

maxgro
MVP
MVP

or maybe using some replace, in the example @@ for newline; replace can be nested

Table:

LOAD F1,

F2,

replace(F3, '@@', chr(10)) as F3

INLINE [

F1, F2, F3

1, 2016/01/01, Started creating the application

2, 2016/01/02, Added the following reports: @@ - Customer Contact Listing @@ - Sales Contact Listing @@ - Sale Contact customer frequency

3, 2016/01/03, Added the following dashboard  @@  - This Audit Log table to keep track the changes of the application  @@  - Customer Order report  @@  - Customer Revenue generated report    

];

Not applicable
Author

Sunny and Maxgro,

Thanks for all your response.

I tried both and both answer is correct. Maxgro, as your solution appears easier to use, I used your solution.

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

Your solution also inspired me how to solve my other problem in a better way.

A Big Thanks You to you!

sunny_talwar

Great, I am glad we were able to help you resolve your problem. In the process I learned a new technique of doing this from maxgro‌. So thanks to you and Maxgro as well